Main museum building and annexes
The Museum of Archaeology, now housed at Žižková ul.12 in Bratislava, is part of the Slovak Nationa lMuseum.
Since 1991, the SNM – Museum of Archaeology has been located in its own building: the former Kamper manor house at Žižková ulica 12, dating originally from the 1560s.
The institution has its own history and is the direct successor of its precursors in Bratislava and Martin: the Slovak Regional Museum founded in 1924, renamed in 1940 the Slovak Museum after its merger with the Agriculture Museum. The Slovak Museum merged with the Slovak National Museum in Martin to become the Slovak National Museum (SNM) in 1961.